Hey, Yinz Guys and Happy Friday!!! We made it through yet another work week and I can’t wait till the weekend to go and do my favorite thing…and that is shopping. Now currently my shopping budget is a little tight with the holidays coming up and because I missed some days of work due to health issues. So what’s a girl suppose to do when her money is lite and she wants to stay fly but she’s POOR?
Well if you’re like my mother, she would suggest I just don’t go shopping, which is the more responsible thing to do. And she’s right, if money is tight I would never suggest shopping when you haven’t taken care of the necessary things like bills and food, but if you’ve taken care of all your responsibilities and have a few dollars left to your name I’m going to show you how you can still look cute on a budget.
I also thought it would be cool to share with you guys my latest clothing hauls from my favorite place to go shopping especially when my shopping budget is tight(I’m not even going to lie I shop there even when I’m not broke lol) which is Plato’s Closet.
My Tips For Shopping On A Tight Budget:
- Shop your local consignment stores – Even though Plato’s Closet is my 1st choice when it comes to shopping second hand, I also love shopping at Goodwell as well as smaller consignment shops too.
- Set a budget – Setting a budget helps make sure you don’t spend too much, but it also makes shopping fun because then you don’t have to worry about going overboard and regretting it later.
- Try on your clothes at the store – Doing so you not only make sure the clothing fits but because you are shopping at a consignment shop you want to make sure the clothes are still in perfect condition and there are no holes, tears or any other type of damage to the clothes. While there separate what clothes you will be buying from the ones you will put back, that sets you up for step number 4.
- Calculate your total – Doing this allows you to add up the total of the clothes you want to purchase before you go to the register, this way you can also make sure you are staying within your budget. I usually do this while still in the dressing room.
- Join any rewards programs they may have/Ask about any promotions or other ways to save – Depending on which Plato’s Closet you shop at you may get a card or added to the system using your phone number. The card and your phone number help’s track your spending there and once you spend $200 at that particular store you are rewarded with 20% off your next purchase. If you’re shopping somewhere else make sure you ask about not only if they have a rewards program but also ask if they give a percentage off for being a student or for being a teacher or working for a certain company. You’ll be surprised what they may have to offer.
- Save money left over from the budget – Now if you’re like me I always try to spend my full budget. But when I don’t I set it aside for my next shopping spree. this way that gives you a little more wiggle room for the next time.
So if you follow these 6 simple steps you should have no problem stunting on them in your new outfits that you didn’t have to spend an arm and a leg for. And you don’t have to feel guilty for spending money on yourself either…so it’s a win win!
So now that we’ve got that out the way, would you like to see what I got in my last two hauls from Plato’s Closet…sure you do! And yes, this is a humble brag, but also I love sharing what I got with you guys and to show that you don’t have to spend crazy money to be stylish. Also to share that there is no shame in shopping second hand.
So 1st off I want to share my new favorite go-to jeans from the brand Topshop called Leigh that normally runs for $70 that I got for $15.00. Being that I threw these jeans on IMMEDIATELY, I forgot to take a picture of the pricetag…so just believe me.
The next pair of jeans I got was from Zara Women Premium Denim Collection which showing on the website for $50.00 and I only paid $14.00 for it.
My 3rd pair of jeans is American Eagle Outfitters. They are Hi-Rise Jeggings and are from their Super Super Stretch line as well. I couldn’t find the exact pair on their website, but similar jeans caused $59.95 but I got these for $12.00.
My 4th pair of jeans is a brand I’ve never heard of called American Bazi. When I went to their website I had to create an account to see their clothes, which I felt was kind of sketchy plus I don’t need any more newsletters from another clothing company so I didn’t go any further. But I do have to say that I love love LOVE these jeans, and for $12.00 I had to get them. I popped the tag off these already before I started this blog…my bad yall, but you can still see it in this picture tho.
NOW…BEFORE I TELL YALL ABOUT THESE JEANS…I DID NOT KNOW THEY WERE NICKI MINAJ…not that there is anything wrong with her. I just wouldn’t have tried them on if I knew they were her jeans cause I thought her line was so corny LMAO. But with that being said, when I tried these babies on….BAAAAAYBY…my ass looked so GOOD. So I had to get them. The jeans were a part of her collaboration with KMart, but the collection is no longer available. Also, I should note that here in Pittsburgh I don’t think KMart is even around anymore. The pants were only $7.00 and I wasn’t going to pass these jeans up so I got them. I did cut off the little NM emblem tho.
My next pair of pants are from American Eagle, it’s from their Aerie line which is mainly underwear and sleepwear. These are joggers that I can’t wait to wear the hell out of. They normally go for $23.97 but I was able to get them for $5.00.
Next pair of pants is a brand I’ve never heard of called No Commitment. I thought they were really cute and could be dressed up or dressed down. They were also only $8.00 so I had to cop these as well. Also, I accidentally popped the tag of these and it’s somewhere in this house so that’s why there is no picture of the tag.
Last but definitely not least is this olive green bodysuit from another brand I’ve never heard of called Gibiu, but it’s super cute. Now the price was a little higher than I usually would pay which is $12.99 but it looked hella good on me so I had to get it.
So that’s it for this haul. This was my 1st time doing a clothing haul on my blog and so I hope it wasn’t too long of a post and I hope yinz guys enjoyed it. If you did and if you would like another haul like this in the future let your girls know in the comment section below. Also, I want to say Thank You soooooo sooooooo much for supporting my little ol’blog here, it means a lot to me.
Peace Yinz Guys