Good Morning Yinz Guys & Happy Tuesday, I wanted to get this post out yesterday, but I wasn’t feeling well and forgot to schedule the post…so you’re getting it today! Can you believe it, we made it through 2017, and here we are already into the 2nd week of the year. I don’t know about yall, but I had some days I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it to 2018. Between hitting a low time due to my depression and anxiety, a few trips to the ER and Trump and his ridiculousness(I mean we”re still not out of the woods with him yet)…2018 seemed like a faraway imaginary land. But I’m here…we’re here…WE MADE IT! I may have entered this year, with fewer friends and few dollars short (thanks, car note, and school loans) but I’m so ready to take this year by storm. Continue reading “Living My Best Life In 2018…”
Hey, Yinz Guys and Happy Friday!!! We made it through yet another work week and I can’t wait till the weekend to go and do my favorite thing…and that is shopping. Now currently my shopping budget is a little tight with the holidays coming up and because I missed some days of work due to health issues. So what’s a girl suppose to do when her money is lite and she wants to stay fly but she’s POOR?
Continue reading “Plato’s Closet Haul: How I Stay Cute On A Budget…”
Hey Yinz Guys & Happy Friday! We made it through yet another week, and can you believe it’s already November? Like I swear January was just last week. So with this new month comes new routines and new goals, and also time to start saving and shopping for Christmas next month. My sister also celebrates her 30th birthday this month and I will be traveling to see her in Philly so I need to save all my coins and monies for all the upcoming spending I will be doing this month and next. Continue reading “No New Makeup November…”
Good Morning Yinz Guys, BLOOP BLOOP BLOOP…I hope you guys are already having a productive morning, cause I sure am. We’re grinding through yet another work week, so for me, that means another week of dressing up in business casual attire, and sometimes wearing dress shoes that can be little problematic for my feet. As I’ve mentioned a few times before on my blog, I suffer from what is called Rheumatoid Arthritis, so that means I sometimes experience knee and foot pains when wearing anything that isn’t a sneaker when I’m outside, inside I’m barefoot or wearing my favorite Duke University slippers. So for me, my works business casual dress/dress shoe attire requirements can sometimes cause an issue, even flats can be a problem. Thankfully I was given the chance to review Sole Patches in partnership with BrandBacker, and the opportunity couldn’t have come at a better time. This year I wanted to step up my dress game at work so that would mean not just wearing ugly but comfortable flats. Continue reading “Sole Patches Review…”
Hey Yinz Guys & Happy Friday…and if you’re one of the lucky ones Happy Pay Day too! And YESSSS I am MAD late posting this…but today was the start of my 4 day weekend and I totally got up really late and forgot to schedule this post. So anywho…I’m coming to you with my 2nd week of #FridayFavorites where I plug some of my favorite things from the week. I kept to 7 items this time lol, but I hope you still enjoy this post. So here we go…
- CRWN Magazine ~ A couple days ago I finally got my hand on CRWN Magazine Volume 01/Issue 01 with natural hair YouTube guru Naptural85(Whitney White) on the cover. And I am already in LOOOOVE with this magazine. I haven’t been able to actually sit down and get all into it, but the photos alone have already captured my heart. I can’t wait for the second issue.
- H&M Poncho ~ I picked up this awesome poncho from Buffalo Exchange on the South Side back in February. Because Pittsburgh weather is unpredictable this piece is great for layering under both my heavy and lite jacket as well as wearing alone with it’s not super cold but not that hot either.
- Easy Spirit Shoes ~ These shoes are great for my arthritic feet lol…you read all about them in a previous post I wrote here.
- Snappee Hair Ties ~ These hair ties make it extremely easy to put hair up in a high puff. I also haven’t had any issues with them pulling on my edges as well like I have experienced with other hair ties and scrunchies.
- Aboni Cosmetics ~ The 1st time I came across this brand it was when it was shared on a beauty blogger I follow on IG page. She was wearing the color Frenchie and I just had to have it. I also purchased Kiss & Tell and Daydream as well. I can’t wait to try out all 3 of these colors. And when I do I’ll make sure to post them on my IG.
- Humble by Kendrick Lamar ~ Does this really need an explanation?
- Hey, Girl by Alex Elle ~ I am such a fan of Alex Elle, from when she used to create and sell her own jewelry to now a 3-time author to self-care expert and now Podcaster. I like to listen to her podcast Hey Girl when I’m taking pictures or writing for my blog because it’s just really calming and uplifting. I have been getting back into listening to podcast regularly again, and this is up there with my top 3 favorites.
Well, that’s it for this week. I hope you guys enjoyed this week’s favorites. I’ll return next week with a new list of things I’m favoring for that week, so make sure you check back in. You can also check out my favorites from last week here. Also in the comment section below, I would love to hear about your #FridayFavorites too. And like always, thank you so much for checking out my blog. I hope you have an awesome weekend.
Peace Yinz Guys
If there’s one beauty regimen that I don’t mess around with, it’s my daily face cleansing and moisturizer. I prefer to use products that are cruelty free, and that are filled with natural and organic ingredients. For the past year I have been sticking with one moisturizer, but recently through BrandBacker, I had the chance to try out Valentia Pure Glow Brightening Moisturizer over this past month. To say that I like this moisturizer would be an understatement. Continue reading “Valentia Pure Glow Brightening Moisturizer…”
***Before I get started on my review I want to thank BrandBacker and Fragrance Outlet for sponsoring this post and giving me a chance to try out a new Fragrance Outlet exclusive perfume***
Growing up, during my middle school and high school years I was a perfume addict! If I wasn’t at the mall trying out all the free samples I was going through my mom’s stash. But as I got older, I’m not sure if perfumes just lost their luster or the fact that everyone was wearing the same overpowering scent of perfumed lotions and sprays…remember Cucumber Melon? It could have also been that I just stopped caring about perfumes all together…I’m not sure. But like I said, as I got older in my early 20’s, I started to avoid all products containing strong perfume like scents. And in my mid to late 20’s, I started using more natural oils and lotions like coconut oil and shea butter and just avoided perfumes all together. Continue reading “My Bamboo By Franck Olivier Review…”
So two weeks ago I went against my “No New Makeup” pact I had with myself and purchased 3 new shades from one of my favorite lip brands, which is Colourpop. This time around I got the colors Trap, Chilly Chili and my NOW, new all time favorite color Limbo. This is my third purchase from them and I am very very pleased with the lipsticks from this order.
Lush Cosmetics “Dark Angels” face and body cleanser has been nothing less than a miracle for me! This black sugar, charcoal and rhassoul mud based cleanser is primarily one of the reasons my face has cleared up so so SOOOO much! Anything with charcoal is great for oily skin girls such as myself, the charcoal sucks up any lose oils but it also cleans and detoxifies the skin without leaving it high and dry. Not only does the Dark Angles cleanser help with excess oil but it also exfoliates and brightens up your complexion as well. This is a MUST HAVE for me. This is a step I can’t afford to skip when it come to cleansing my face at night. I’m thinking about doing a whole post about my whole nightly cleansing routine. Or if you’re interested in me doing an whole review for all the products I use to clean my face, please let me know. Currently I am using only LUSH products…I mean what else would I be using. But if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
***Don’t Be Alarmed…It Is Only My Face***
Good Morning Yinz Guy,
Just thought I would do a quick post here on the blog, more like a repost cause I just posted this to my Instagram lol.
Early morning pampering session with my Lush Cosmetics “Fresh Face Mask” in Cupcake. Not only does it smell BOMB it does wonders for my oily face. I picked this up from the Lush store at Ross Park Mall. My lovely friend Dana who also works there suggested it for me! Love Her!
FYI: I leave it on a lil longer then suggested!
Maybe down the line I’ll do a product review or Lush haul or something. Just an idea!