Hey Yinz Guys….ummmm yeah I know! It’s been like a good 4 months since I’ve posted on this here blog of mine, BUT I HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE AS OF WHY! I guess the title is a HUGE give away huh? So let’s just jump right into it shall we…well in July I moved to Philadelphia, I took over my sister’s previous roommates room, a month later I started my new career with GrubHub with their Business Operations Team and then my sister and I got our new cat, Rory. Continue reading “New City, New Career, New Cat…”
Hey Yinz Guys…can you believe we’re already in our 5th month of 2018? Crazy right? I feel like this year is flying by. And now that it’s May and the sun has FINALLY decided to join us, it’s just a matter of weeks before I’m out here being Summertime Fine yall. So with that being said, I thought I would share my Summer 2018 Goals here. This is going to be a very adventurous summer for me, I’m going to be doing a lot of traveling and I will also be taking a lot of chances this summer as well when it comes to heading into a different career path. But first I should share some good news…I now work for ULTA Beauty as a Beauty Advisor. I shared the exciting news on my Instagram last month, I’m so excited for this opportunity because I know I’m even one step closer to going to school for my Esthetician License. Yes, you heard that right, I plan on going to school to gain my esthetician certificate than to test for my license so I can start my career as an Esthetician and hopefully work in a spa and just go from there. Continue reading “Summer 2018 Goals…”
***Good Morning Yinz Guys! This past Monday I introduced one of the many new series I want to bring to this hear blog called “Mental Health Monday” if you haven’t read it yet you can read it here. The second series I want to introduce is what I call “Feel Good Friday’s” where I will share post that are motivational. It may be something I’ve written up myself or a quote I found. Either way, I want to use Friday’s as a way to send good vibes to Yinz Guys so we can start the weekend on a good note. I hope you enjoy.***
You are more than your shortcomings and downfalls. You are more than the negative things people have to say about you and your mistakes. You are more than Your diagnoses and your illness. You are more than your past and who you use to be. You are more than that job you hate, and you are more than the lack of money you have. You are more than your degrees or lack of degrees. You are more than your relationship status and you are more than who you have dated. Continue reading “Feel Good Friday’s: You Are More Than Your Short Comings”
Mental Health Monday: Over-Explaining
***This is my first post for a new blog series I will be calling Mental Health Monday where I share my journey to healthier mental health. I hope you not only enjoy these post but take something as well.***
I have a horrible habit of over-explaining and trying to force people to understand what I’m trying to say. Especially when it comes to the men I’ve dated. So what is I trying to make sure there is no miscommunication or misunderstanding on how I feel, comes off as me being crazy. I’m not sure why or when exactly i started being like this, but recently it was brought to my attention and well I was taken aback at the thought of someone thinking I’m crazy. Now…don’t get wrong I can be very passionate when it comes to my relationships, in the sense, I put my all into it. Which is probably why I find myself over explaining my thoughts and feelings, instead of maybe taking a step back and seeing if that’s what he wants to hear at that moment. I’m sure this stems from my fear of breakup/being dropped like I have been so many times. So I feel like, if he knows exactly how much I care about him or how much something affects me…he’ll then understand and this will all end well. I never take into consideration his feelings or his thoughts or his opinions and not because I think I’m right and he’s wrong…but because I get so scared i just start vomiting at the mouth with my emotions. Continue reading “Mental Health Monday: Over-Explaining”
Good Morning Yinz Guys & Happy Tuesday, I wanted to get this post out yesterday, but I wasn’t feeling well and forgot to schedule the post…so you’re getting it today! Can you believe it, we made it through 2017, and here we are already into the 2nd week of the year. I don’t know about yall, but I had some days I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it to 2018. Between hitting a low time due to my depression and anxiety, a few trips to the ER and Trump and his ridiculousness(I mean we”re still not out of the woods with him yet)…2018 seemed like a faraway imaginary land. But I’m here…we’re here…WE MADE IT! I may have entered this year, with fewer friends and few dollars short (thanks, car note, and school loans) but I’m so ready to take this year by storm. Continue reading “Living My Best Life In 2018…”
Hey Yinz Guys & Happy Friday! We made it through yet another week, and can you believe it’s already November? Like I swear January was just last week. So with this new month comes new routines and new goals, and also time to start saving and shopping for Christmas next month. My sister also celebrates her 30th birthday this month and I will be traveling to see her in Philly so I need to save all my coins and monies for all the upcoming spending I will be doing this month and next. Continue reading “No New Makeup November…”
Ayyyye Yinz Guys and Happy November 1st! Yes…I’m ignoring the fact that my last post was in July…so yeah lol! But a lot has been going on with me, and I mean A LOT. From my love life to my personal life to my work life. I now work from home full time, I got a promotion and a nice little raise, my mental health has come leaps and bounds and while my physical health has taken a turn for the worse(no I’m not dying thankfully) I’m still here thoting and bopping. And speaking of thoting my love life…it’ still nonexistent. But I will hit on all these topics in their own blog post later this month, I promise. Continue reading “November: A New Routine Is Coming…”
Good Morning Yinz Guys, BLOOP BLOOP BLOOP…I hope you guys are already having a productive morning, cause I sure am. We’re grinding through yet another work week, so for me, that means another week of dressing up in business casual attire, and sometimes wearing dress shoes that can be little problematic for my feet. As I’ve mentioned a few times before on my blog, I suffer from what is called Rheumatoid Arthritis, so that means I sometimes experience knee and foot pains when wearing anything that isn’t a sneaker when I’m outside, inside I’m barefoot or wearing my favorite Duke University slippers. So for me, my works business casual dress/dress shoe attire requirements can sometimes cause an issue, even flats can be a problem. Thankfully I was given the chance to review Sole Patches in partnership with BrandBacker, and the opportunity couldn’t have come at a better time. This year I wanted to step up my dress game at work so that would mean not just wearing ugly but comfortable flats. Continue reading “Sole Patches Review…”
Hey Yinz Guys, and Happy Wednesday! So we’ve once again made it to the end of another work week, and if you’re lucky like I am, its Pay Day too. So this friday I wanted to touch on my Summer 2017 Goals. Recently I’ve been so determined to make a ton of lifestyle changes, so I figured writing them down and sharing them on here would how keep me motivated and accountable. So here’s a list of my Summer 17 Goals. These are in no particular order.
- Go to the gym at least 3x a week
- Drink more water
- Get a personal trainer
- Become a better cook
- Go back to school
- New job
- Save at least $500 dollars by the end of the summer
- Get my passport(yes I know I’m slacking)
- Post at least 2x a week on my blog
- Wake up at 6am every morning on the weekdays and 8m on the weekends
- Rad at least 3 books this summer
- Visit Lake Erie at least twice this summer
- Visit family in Florida
- Visit DC
- Visit Philly
- Make it to at least one music festival
- Take my medication everyday
- Journal more
- Write in my prayer journal twice a day(once in the morning and once at night)
- Read 1 bible verse a day
- Make it to at least one Steelers preseason game
- Take one yoga class a week
So that’s it for my Summer 2017 Goals. So far I’ve been doing really well with making it to the gym and drinking more water. I’ll be looking into getting a personal trainer next month and I’ll be headed to the library this weekend to pick up some new books. So what about you, what are some of your summer goals for this year. I would love to read them in the comment section below, I may even borrow some of them for my own lol. As always, thank you so much for the support.
Peace Yinz Guys
Hey Yinz Guys & Happy Friday…and if you’re one of the lucky ones Happy Pay Day too! And YESSSS I am MAD late posting this…but today was the start of my 4 day weekend and I totally got up really late and forgot to schedule this post. So anywho…I’m coming to you with my 2nd week of #FridayFavorites where I plug some of my favorite things from the week. I kept to 7 items this time lol, but I hope you still enjoy this post. So here we go…
- CRWN Magazine ~ A couple days ago I finally got my hand on CRWN Magazine Volume 01/Issue 01 with natural hair YouTube guru Naptural85(Whitney White) on the cover. And I am already in LOOOOVE with this magazine. I haven’t been able to actually sit down and get all into it, but the photos alone have already captured my heart. I can’t wait for the second issue.
- H&M Poncho ~ I picked up this awesome poncho from Buffalo Exchange on the South Side back in February. Because Pittsburgh weather is unpredictable this piece is great for layering under both my heavy and lite jacket as well as wearing alone with it’s not super cold but not that hot either.
- Easy Spirit Shoes ~ These shoes are great for my arthritic feet lol…you read all about them in a previous post I wrote here.
- Snappee Hair Ties ~ These hair ties make it extremely easy to put hair up in a high puff. I also haven’t had any issues with them pulling on my edges as well like I have experienced with other hair ties and scrunchies.
- Aboni Cosmetics ~ The 1st time I came across this brand it was when it was shared on a beauty blogger I follow on IG page. She was wearing the color Frenchie and I just had to have it. I also purchased Kiss & Tell and Daydream as well. I can’t wait to try out all 3 of these colors. And when I do I’ll make sure to post them on my IG.
- Humble by Kendrick Lamar ~ Does this really need an explanation?
- Hey, Girl by Alex Elle ~ I am such a fan of Alex Elle, from when she used to create and sell her own jewelry to now a 3-time author to self-care expert and now Podcaster. I like to listen to her podcast Hey Girl when I’m taking pictures or writing for my blog because it’s just really calming and uplifting. I have been getting back into listening to podcast regularly again, and this is up there with my top 3 favorites.
Well, that’s it for this week. I hope you guys enjoyed this week’s favorites. I’ll return next week with a new list of things I’m favoring for that week, so make sure you check back in. You can also check out my favorites from last week here. Also in the comment section below, I would love to hear about your #FridayFavorites too. And like always, thank you so much for checking out my blog. I hope you have an awesome weekend.
Peace Yinz Guys